Sunday, 2 March 2014


When we moved to our new house a lot of stuff got re-arranged and many of the baskets ended in the kitchen holding food in the open shelf arrangement. We used to have an African basket for our paper bin. Now it houses a lot of dry goods in the kitchen.

It was a frustrating thing to have to carry all the paper waste downstairs, so quite a lot of it ended in the mixed bin for a while. I decided  that enough was enough and certainly I could make one with what I had at home.

I used old IKEA black and white cotton canvas and some heavy weight interfacing and made this:                                                                                                                             


It has worked very well and even though I was slightly worried about Husband's reaction to the psychedelic pattern, he was cool with it.

I think this was a pleasing way of decreasing my stash and solve a sorting problem.

No comments: