Sunday 31 March 2013

March Journal day 31 and what did I learn?

So. Today is the last day of Journal March. It has been really enjoyable to wake up and check what the task was for the day and think about it.

Today's task was: What did you learn in March?


My learning is not at the deepest philosophical level, but an important thing for me.
I have truly had a very serious block for drawing for a good while. I don't mind it at all when I am sketching a  dress or a bag or even an embroidery, but drawing in order to produce a picture on a paper has been a no-go area for a good while. It has been good doing it this way; a set task, not necessarily drawing and just for my own perusal. I wonder whether I should push myself through a month of painting as well, hmm....I should find a place to chuck topics at me. Maybe not quite once a day, maybe twice a week. And I would not mind doing a month of papercutting as well. I have discovered I like it a LOT!

Maybe even that horrible cold was meant to happen. I had more time. Correct: I prioritised differently, as I had no energy to do housework and sewing and gardening and, and,...I gave myself permission to be creative without having to have a product in the end. 

Have a Lovely Easter everyone and I will be back soon. Maybe even today...depending on whether I am required to be the DUNGEON MASTER in the Elf Son's game. I take my role very seriously, you see.

5 comments:

Tuire Flemming said...

Hieno huomio! Itse kanssa joku aika sitten totesin, ettei ne taidot kokonaan katoa pitkänkään ajan kuluessa - vähän kuin polkupyörällä ajo... Lohdullista :)
Mutta olipas mukavaa löytää tämä sinun blogisi tuon muistikirjahaasteen myötä.
Ihanaa kevättä koko Elfin porukalle :)

Rouva Kiljunen said...

Hieno sivu ja hyvä oivallus!

Selma said...

Niinpä, piirtäminen on hauskaa, mutta taitoa pitää kokoajan kehittää piirtämällä :) En täysin hallitse engelskaa, joten välillä täytyy turvautua käännösapuun blgiasi lukiessani.

Kiva lopetussivu tuli tähän kirjaasi.
Kiitos monista kommenteistasi blogissani. Oli ilo tutustua sinuun ja löytää blogisi. Vastasin omassa blogissani sinulle jo aika pitkällä tekstillä, joten kivaa jatkoa sinulle :)

Sirutuuli said...

No sie todellakin osaat piirtää :)
Jään muuten seurailemaan blogiasi jatkossakin :)

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear
and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and
it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know
this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!


Here is my site: small bathroom renovation ideas ()