Thursday 29 July 2010

Good Life

































I know I am slightly stuck in a theme here; it's all garden and harvest and food, but it does not get much better than this. A friend has a beautiful old "coble", a traditional fishing boat, and went to give it a spin yesterday evening. As he was giving the engine a run he thought that he could as well have a line in the water and then it all happened! He had to stop fishing in order to stop landing fish which could not be eaten. We got five of the beautiful mackrels and I think all his neighbours and pretty much the whole street was supplied!
The fish was all gutted and headed, which I did not expect and look at their shiny sides here:

















I went to the garden to get some new potatoes and salad stuff and we had a feast for the lunch. I would have loved to give some of my produce in exchange, but this couple has a double allotment providing them and for the aforementioned street!  Yum Yum Yum!

No comments: