Tuesday 17 June 2014

Busy Bee

I have been, lalalaaaa! I haven't forgotten you and my blog though. What I have been doing hasn't been awfully photogenic or just haven't had the camera with me. So this post is an odd cocktail of everything and nothing... In no specific order:

  • I have been making birthday cards and gifts...cannot show as yet, but here are couple of peeks at how they looked while I was working:



 Notice the old enamelled Chinese pot. I love it as my desk tidy while I am sewing. The red creamer is for water I put into my iron. Rest will be revealed in the near future.

Another pressie under the construction...totally different colour scheme.




  • I have used many a lunch time in our yard soaking the sunshine. I love, love, love the fact that I can just go out of the kitchen yard and plant myself into a yard enjoying the plant pots and the one bed I have there.


























My hanging basket plants are not very big, just planted them, ehm. Well, I am sure they will prettyfy (not a word, me thinks) my yard towards the end of the summer. I like to have a real "Secret Garden" gate in a stone wall.


The corner bed plants are filling the space. I might have to think of thinning them out.


 I do not have a big bloom feast here, but I love the different green textures of the leaves.





Look away, real gardeners! I am so inordinately proud of keeping this fuchsia alive over two winters. It will flower soon.


  •  My favourite piece of art at the moment is this mask situated in my kitchen, made by Elf Son.

  •  Happy news: I found an icon I thought was lost in our move. It is only 10cm tall, so not big at all and I have not been able to find it. Suddenly it was in a draw I thought I had used aplenty...weird and wonderful. The icon has sentimental value for me and I think is beautiful as well.

So that was the miscellaneous newsround from me. Hopefully back soon showing something more interesting! If I am not back before; Happy Summer Solstice!

No comments: