Friday 7 March 2014

New life for jewellery

I have a confession: I have an awful lot of jewellery, far more than I need. I am all for purging one's box and taking it to the goldsmiths, but what I have, I like.


In the process of buying stuff for bag making I was visiting a leather shop. They had a bagful of leather  thongs going cheaply as they were not the prime wares. I bought the lot to play with. One of the first things I did was to try some of my pendants hanging from them. And WOW! They looked totally different and equally lovely as been hung from a chain. I felt as if I had doubled the amount of pendants I have. (And no, I did NOT need the doubling). I have now used some of the pendants first time in a very long time, because they look fresh in my eyes.



Do you have any cool ideas for the bunch of leather thongs? Please leave a comment, I love to play with leather, the smell is heavenly!

No comments: